16 August 2014

Le-Nu

Finally tried Cream Pan's LE-NU iced coffee and their famous strawberry croissant today. The LE-NU is extremely aromatic in taste and scent, except the recipe has, or whoever makes it puts, too much sweetener in it. I would lessen the sugar (syrup?) by half, and have the customers ask for more if they prefer it sweeter. The strawberry croissants were heavenly, as rumored by customers who come in for 20+ pieces or come back for more in the same day. Flaky layers, crispy and crunchy texture, but soft and chewy on the inside with three pieces of strawberry slices and slightly sweet custard creme...♥
I also had a closing shift today so I could "experience" all the different shifts at the store. Very very tiring. I had to mop with a mop for the first time in my life today, and I never realized how inconvenient the mop wringer on the bucket was. (Don't get me wrong, I've used swifter before and before that I was on hands and knees scrubbing the floor, so it's not like I'm a total lazy ass). I was totally out of breath when I finished. I wiped the tables inside and out on the patio, swept the floor outside and in the store, cleaned the bathrooms, stacked the chairs, washed behind the counter, and learned how to lock up all the property out on the patio (the chairs, tables, and safety lock them). For the closing shift, we get to bring whatever is left over for a huge discount home. I thought I should try their apple croissant and the pan au raisin (pains aux raisin) so I got one of each, and then four almond croissants because my mom loves those, and then a small circular square bread that could pass off as a personal mini ciabatta? ciabatta roll? because they sell really good in the store. I got the 7 pastries, a tea, and a Le-Nu for only $3.60! :D (originally ~$15? I don't know)
I also got my uniform that I've been waiting for forever today! :D

-i

No comments: