24 May 2018

"...my own personal anxiety acted as the driver of my wellness journey..."

"...If I could give any advice for someone just starting out, what would it be? It took my own journey to understand: What works for someone else may not work for you. I wasted a lot of time and energy trying to fit myself into the latest crazes that, in the end, simply were not for me. Group classes, keto diets, many forms of meditation, and green juices don't work for me. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. every morning to swim, bike, or run and eating a high-calorie, nutrient-dense macro-focused diet is something I can get down with. Alas, training for two to three hours a day is my journey and it works for me. If you ever find yourself whining about not wanting to do a specific exercise or participate in x-y-z wellness fad, just don't do it. Course correct. Find what motivates you to get moving."

-NL.




I can relate. Thanks Nicole.

No comments: