29 May 2018

Memorial Weekend

Weekly reads:
I'm all about healthy eaint and online publications this week.
·Model diet
·a VS breakfast
·Brain food.
·and some articles from Brain Behavior & Immunity. I think I'm going to make it a goal to read (at least) one journal a day.

Weekly goals:
·Continue daily workout
·Decide on one sofa (upstairs or downstairs ok)
·Work on punctuality
·Get back into learning French.

T gave me his Fire HD 8. Looking for any cool how-to, hacks, tips, wallpapers, etc for the tablet.

Saw Bon Iver last week at the Arlene Schnitzer Hall (second time, first time at the Bowl ♥). I feel that he his vocal skills have improved...NOT that he was lacking or bad previously, but you can definitely hear maturity of the techniques. Went to Marin for the weekend; it was beautiful and the weather was just perfect. Mostly overcast, not too cold, and a splash of sunshine from time to time. We went kayaking, on small hikes, watched Solo (Starwars) on one of the night, visited Stinson Beach, and took trips to the ice cream shop. When we traveled through SF, I honestly thought it wouldn't be bad to live/work there for a while in the future. But when I traveled down the west part of the city going to the airport on the last day, I was reminded how filthy the rest of the city is...a dusty worn down trashpile. Besides the golden gate park, FinDi, North Beach, endless food options, and Karl (the Fog) looming over the city, I think I still prefer LA to SF. And having moved up to Portland now, it's so much prettier, nicer, not-as-dirty/cleaner, and nature-y than SF/LA.

I worked yesterday (Monday) even though most of the employees had the day off, since I took Friday off. I thought I would dread being alone at work without friends, having the cafe closed and all the drinks/fruits taken away, but it was surprisingly blissful and I didn't have any desire to leave work early. I did take a longer lunch break to grab a salad and soup off-campus and get my nails done.

Btw Deadpool 2 is great, I liked the first one as well...

No comments: