30 May 2018

Every morning

Besides scrambling out of bed to get to work on time and making sure I get some sort of breakfast (lately it's been oatmeal), I have been working on incorporating a small meditating time. By the time I get a moment to do this, it is usually at work. My routine goes as follows:
a tea- matcha or earl grey, sencha green and english breakfast are too sharp for this process
peony hand creme
Headspace app
I normally choose the 5 minute version since I am at work and closing my eyes for more than that seems a little weird to passerbyers. From the small amount of times I've used Headspace I've come to realize that meditation for me isn't as much of learning to be "comfortable" with myself, as many  suggests meditation to be. For me, meditation is just being at peace and being able to keep my anxiety in control.

The app is really beautiful and the man who leads the meditations has a really calming voice, both which I appreciate. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a meditation app.

No comments: