25 June 2018

Grown Up Stuff

I realize I am doing adult (read: grown up) activities now such as:
-wanting subscriptions to travel and cooking magazines
-having a lot of interest in picking out flooring/wall swatches
-booking in time slots for lunch and dinner socials (like a responsible person instead of impulsively making plans, there are pros and cons to this)
-listening to podcasts
-meditation apps
-frequency of online browsing for furniture > clothing
-not necessarily investing, but doing a lot of personal finance management
-CNBC articles are an interesting morning read
-LinkedIn is a fun social media site
-FB is becoming too wild and a bore
-trading business cards
-thinking about property value and home investments
-when "home furnishings" and "groceries" exceed "retail/shopping" in my weekly financial summary
-having interest in buying tech for home such as EcoBee sensors for the rooms, or debating between an Alexa and Google Home (thoughts anyone?)
-grocery shopping is so fun/writing down a lot of recipes
-wanting to start a lifestyle/cooking blog (yeah, again? I know, eyeroll)
I feel like some of these are good for personal growth, maturing, and development, and the others just like to y i k e s because I feel so old and too responsible it's a bit scary. I can't tell if I'm becoming financially responsible or boring.

No comments: